It is not even certain that the decision to apply for a new supplier was made entirely by mail. A lessor linked to the AUSPL felt that CBRE could have withdrawn from the contract because he felt that the commissions were too low, that the procedure for amending leases was difficult and that it could take months if the Post Office signed contracts, even for the simplest leases. While AUSPL`s participation in the leasing overhaul project has prevented the inclusion of some of the worst potential effects on homeowners, the new leasing forms will continue to impose new responsibilities and burdens on post owners. Before post landlords agree to rent their assets under the new forms, they must understand the forms and how the forms increase the obligations of postsewers and increase the additional costs they now have to bear. Before declaring themselves ready to rent their properties with the new rental forms, mail rental companies must ensure that the rents paid are sufficient to cover these new costs. Finally, AUSPL members should see the article linked here on a negotiation technique that may prove useful in avoiding the implementation of new leases when renting their buildings. It is an important awareness, and if it applies nationally, it would be a good argument to encourage the post office to rent if possible on site. It turns out, however, that what is true for leases in the Dakotas does not seem to be true for the whole country. One of the main advantages when buying a post office is that you buy the „simple fee“ property, which means that you own the land and the building, but also that you buy the rights as a lessor to take over the lease with the U.S.

Postal rental service („USPS“) as a tenant. About 70 per cent of these properties – about 16,530 of them – are leased to landlords in the state. The remaining 30% – 6,910 properties – are leased to non-governmental owners. The CBRE Treaty was the subject of controversy almost from the beginning. The postmen, who had previously negotiated directly with USPS real estate specialists, quickly began to complain about the commissions they had to pay when renewing leases and the hardball tactics used by CBRE in negotiations, including on these commissions. Subsequently, the OIG indicated that it left it to the post office to determine the way forward after the termination of the contract, including the definition of the contract with CBRE, the use of postal staff to perform CBRE`s duties, or the employment of a new contractor or group of contractors (GSA model).